WASHINGTON, DC – March 25, 2011 – (RealEstateRama) — U.S. Senator Jeff Bingaman reported today that seven New Mexico housing agencies have been awarded a total of $524,949 in grant funding though the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD).
Funding was awarded under HUD’s Family Self Sufficiency Program, which helps community housing agencies develop local strategies to help individuals and families receiving public housing assistance achieve economic independence.
“This funding will help housing agencies throughout New Mexico help meet the needs of their communities,” Bingaman said. The following organizations will receive funding:
- Bernalillo County Housing Department: $118,368
- Eastern Regional Housing Authority: $100,000
- Santa Fe County Housing Authority: $69,000
- Santa Fe Civic Housing Authority: $66,963
- Taos County Housing Authority: $59,243
- Doña Ana County Housing Authority: $44,743
- Clovis Housing and Redevelopment Agency, Inc.: $41,632
- Socorro County Housing Authority: $25,000